Thursday, June 28, 2007

Flash Backs of many Sorts

It seems like the mid nineties is coming back to me.

Just because everyone has been linking to this I really feel like you need to be in on the joke.

I remember that in the nineties, the dance music scene was at its peak. I still believe that. That music was so cheesy, but you just couldn't help but dance your ass off. I mean we all hate the Macarena but don't you go telling me that you didn't know the dance, just like everyone else.

I went searching out my favorite 90's mix. Dance Mix '95 released by much music. considerer by many to be the very best of the series. Included are not only the last two songs I mentioned, but a whole bunch of "classics". I have their weird memory of reading Archie comics while listening to my Dance mix tape (yes tape). Now whenever I hear "total eclipse of the heart" I see Betty drooling over Arch in my head.

Something else from the 90's has recently come back into my life as well. A seriously long time friend. There was a time when I talked to this person at LEAST once a day. We would always talk to each other on the phone, and we got to know each other pretty well. We lost touch for a very long time. Somewhere along the lines of4 or 5 years? I have to say hearing his voice again was a little strange. But it was exactly how I remembered it. That brought back some strong emotions that I didn't even realize were there. All good ones, don't worry. I really have to say I missed him.

So hopefully this will continue and we can at least catch up a couple more times before we drift apart again. Or maybe this could result in a brand new friendship. Who knows. I'm leaving it open, with little expectation. That way I won't be disappointed if shit happens.

I remember sitting in my cousin's basement talking to him. Not what we were talking about in specific... just talking. I wish I could remember...

No comments: